Rail switch, also called railroad switch or railway turnout, is mainly used to guide railway train from one track to another, such as at a railway junction or where a spur or siding branches off. AGICO supplies superior quality railway turnout for railway track, industrial tracks, mainline turnouts, or light track work for mining and tunneling. You can always find what you need here.
Apart from the most commonly designed railroad switch, we also customize turnouts for you according to your exact specifications. Railroad turnouts for mining and tunneling applications can be pre-assembled and mounted on steel ties or shipped in components for assembly on site. We supply a wide variety of railway turnouts and frogs, which meet most track requirements from light, medium to heavy traffic.
- Railroad turnout consists of a pair of linked tapering rails, known as points (switch rails or point blades). Points are actually moveable rails that guide the wheels of train towards either the straight or the diverging track. Switch always refers to “turnout” in ordinary conversation; however, strictly speaking, this is technically incorrect. Stock rails are the running rails alongside the switch rails, and they lay against the switch rails when in closed position. Stock rails are otherwise ordinary rails that are made to suit the design of the turnout switch and the individual switch point rails.
- Stock rails are the running rails alongside the switch rails, and they lay against the switch rails when in closed position. Stock rails are otherwise ordinary rails that are made to suit the design of the turnout switch and the individual switch point rails.
- Frog is placed where one rail crosses another, and it refers to the crossing point of two rails. Railway frog is also called railway crossing in some countries.
- Closure rails are the straight or curved rails that are positioned in between the heel of switch and the toe of frog.
- Guard rail (check rail) is a short piece of rail placed alongside the main (stock) rail opposite to frog. The guard rail is mainly used to ensure that the wheels follow the appropriate flangeway through the frog and that the train does not derail.
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel free to contact us!